Blue Ice Heisen-ritas!
Gearing up for our Breaking Bad finale party, our first batch topped the charts at 97% and we didn’t even have to harness Jessie to the ceiling! Heisenberg would be proud.
Our blue meth prep: Rock Candy Crystals & blue food coloring.
Heisenberg’s perfected recipe:
- 2:1 Ratio of Rock Candy to water
- 5 or more drops of blue food coloring
- Over low heat stir like crazy til it turns to a molasses-like texture. The key is to keep stirring so it doesn’t harden before the pour.
- Pour into a pyrex dish and when it hardens crack it up!
Now time for those Heisen-ritas!
- 750 ml of silver tequila (full bottle)
- 12 oz of blue curacao liquer
- 1 liter of club soda
- 1/2 bottle of sour mix (roughly 16 oz)
- Juice of 3 limes
- This serves approximately 10 people. Per drink roughly 1.5 oz tequila, .5 oz blue curacao, fill the rest of the glass with 2:1 ratio of soda water to sour mix. Squeeze some lime to finish.
Time to coat those glasses with our fresh batch of the blue stuff! The best way to get the rock candy to stick is to coat the rim with a little lime juice.
After all that meth cooking reward yourself with what else but Stephen Colbert’s “Americone Dream!” And for your most annoying friend (or the ones who commit the most severe party fouls) add a dash of ricin.
Truly an amazing and tearful end to one of the best shows on television!